Saturday, June 6, 2009

We are MADE TO WORSHIP…and never forget that we must STAND AND SHOUT, WHERE (ever) JESUS IS!


So I am on the bus in Richmond, Virginia…beginning the 12 hour bus ride home. Oh my goodness, what a ride this past week has been. This is my 6th and final choir tour that I have been on since the 7th grade. For the first time ever, I’m not ready to go home just yet. I feel like I still need this time to grow in my faith with God and just be at rest. However, I know that the “seeds we’ve sown” this week will be used for His works. I cannot believe that we have done so many of the things we have done this week. The services were SO powerful. Whenever we sang, I honestly felt like I was at Storehouse or at Wednesday Night Fathom, just worshipping my incredible, wonderful God! But, I realized that I do not give my God even a fourth of the worship, praise, and attention that He deserves. Yet, he still blesses me endlessly. What an amazing God!

Washington D.C. was our “main destination,” along with Baltimore, Maryland. D.C. has always been a love of mine. I love the city, and adore the history that comes with it. However, singing on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial was incredible! It was such an unforgettable memory, and I will always cherish it. Visiting the Holocaust Museum provided me with an opportunity to be still, even in this crazy week. The memorials are always my favorite, because they honor all of the hard work that many people have produced to not only create our freedom, but to also protect it. Although we were only in Baltimore for a total of 7 hours, we were able to get a nice taste of the city at the Inner Harbor! And of course, the elderly at the retirement home in Virginia were lights of God during our concert. Their smiles, their tears, their laughs, and their memories helped bridge the gap between the old and the young. What an awesome opportunity we had!!

So, let me do a little bit of math here…I’ve been in the CHRIST Choir for 3 years. On each tour, we sing an average of 7 times, plus the 2 times we sing at the homecoming concert. That’s 27 concert performances that I have done! And believe it or not, but I remember each one. As a senior, it’s a bittersweet day…my last day of CHRIST Choir Tour…ever. Miss Susan and Miss Resha, words cannot express how thankful I am that God placed both of you in my life. Your love of God and music has inspired me in ways that you two cannot imagine. Thank you for all you do, and I know that God will continue to bless you both! Miss Susan: from Forever Polyester to Oz and to the Beatles, thank you for blessing me with ensemble opportunities, they have been so much fun! Thank you for your incredible leadership. I will dearly miss you next year! And Miss Resha: While it is incredibly sad that you were not able to join us on our last tour, I’m so thankful for all the memories we’ve shared with you, and I can’t wait to see you Sunday!

Here’s one last thing to remember…

God has created us, and we are MADE TO WORSHIP…and never forget that we must STAND AND SHOUT, WHERE (ever) JESUS IS!

God Bless!
Liesel Burks

No comments: