Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mountain of Mold







God works in interesting ways. He gives you tasks you probably hadn’t thought of. Today, I had a service opportunity unlike any other. I like to call it Mold. We started off by picking out sweet potatoes. We gleaned (something I had never done before) them, meaning we separated the good potatoes from the bad. A few had mold on them, but the sweet potatoes were not too bad. Then came the rutabagas. Ah yes, the mountain of mold did indeed exist. You know that saying “I can move mountains with God’s help”? Well, I do believe we moved mountains of mold. Quite squishy too. But I never complained (well, the occasional “eww”) because I knew we were making a difference in many peoples’ lives. We were given the opportunity to help others, by giving them food that they wouldn’t be able to buy at a Publix or Kroger. I realize that we take a lot of things for granted, and maybe we could work on that. It’s moments like these that make me think “I do have a purpose, and God has amazing plans for all of us.”
God Bless
Ps. Peter is amazing.
Alexandra Anne

No comments: